Sunday, November 7, 2021

Traveller RPG Starship Miniatures

As I’ve mentioned before, although I enjoy painting miniatures and using them at the game table, I’m a dreadfully slow painter and really have only a few brief windows each year to devote to these projects.

As such, I already have a pretty large backlog of models on my workbench. Combined with the fact that I own a decent selection of painted fantasy figures, I’ve resisted the temptation to acquire any more.

I’m afraid that resistance was shattered this week with the launch of this Kickstarter:

I don’t currently have any starship miniatures and these are based on the work of the great Ian Stead, whose Patreon I already support.

But what really sold me? They’re adding an armed packet to the ship list:

At that point my Wisdom save was as good as failed. I’ve been curious about 3-D printing for a while and the costs to entry have steadily fallen over the last few years. So I guess it’s time to take the plunge…

No comments:

Post a Comment